Monday, February 21, 2011

Never Say Never

I was in my teens when I was in a car accident that left me near paralyzed.   I had to learn to walk again.  So when I saw the story of  16-year-old Lenny Martelli of Pennsylvania walking after being paralyzed in a snow board accident, it struck a chord.
I was moved because Phil Martelli (not related) of Saint Joseph University's basketball team inspired him to walk, using the same motivational talks he uses for his players.
Lenny and I both defied the doctors' prognosis when they said we would never walk again.  But, it was through sports motivation that our healings came.
In my workshops, I constantly tell parents that one of the best things they can do for their children is to put them in sports.  It gives you determination, motivation, and the confidence to succeed against all odds.
Never say never.

No comments:

Post a Comment